Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nothing, but happy

Once again ZM Ben Karpov has to go home empty-handed, but this time he seems to be in a better mood after the whole tournament.

The local based star grabbed 5 points out of a possible 7. He won 4, drew 2 and lost only once in 7 games.

Out of the 7 games, he played the English Opening and Caro-Kann defence three times each and used the Ponziani (Unusual Line) once in the last game. In all Ben is unbeatable at home (white).

Said Ben at a post tournament interview: "I can be proud of my effort today, I did well, and played sanely, I have no regrets, if they were to give out eight more prizes I would have gotten something, as a whole I am happy about it".

The next tournament featuring Ben would be at March 17, at the national school individuals.

Until then, farewell...

No comments: